The Sensorsoft Real-Time Contact and Voltage Sensor (SS6420) has 15 Boolean inputs that allow you to monitor, in real-time, the state of dry contact based sensors and voltage sources. It also includes two relay outputs (SPDT) for controlling low voltage actuator loads such as lamps, audible alarms or solenoids. The SS6420 is housed in a mountable plastic module with screw terminal strips where external dry-contact security devices, voltage sources and actuator loads can be connected. The SS6420 communicates with the monitoring host/software over an RS232 serial port or 10/100 Base-T Ethernet interface.
Applications for the SS6420 include, but are not limited to monitoring/controlling the following:
- motion, glass-break and door sensors for physical security and activity
- smoke and fire detectors/systems
- diesel generators activity
- gas leak detectors
- AC power supplies or battery voltages
- door strike or lock solenoid
- door chimes and buzzers
- photocell detection of room lighting
- dry contact monitoring
The SS6420 is based on the Sensorsoft Device Protocol (Version 3.0) and includes protocol enhancements that immediately detect and report a state change on any of its dry-contact monitor inputs. For this reason you will know immediately when a door closes or a motion sensor triggers without waiting for a polling interval. The SS6420 works with Sensorsoft Remote Watchman Enterprise software. You can also develop your own software for the SS6420
using our Simple Text Command interface or our free Windows developer tools.
Similar to alarm panels, the SS6420 has a peripheral DC power supply for dry contact based detectors or actuator loads that require such to operate (i.e. motion sensors, smoke detectors, solenoids). This supply voltage is made available through screw terminals.
Two models of the SS6420 are available. The lower cost RS232 model (SS6420J) is powered by the serial interface from the RTS and DTR lines. It can be located up to 80 feet (24 m) from the serial port (depends on serial port) without the need for extenders or amplifiers. The Ethernet model (SS6420E) with its 10/100 Base-T interface has the advantage of direct IP connectivity without the need for a separate IP based device server. The SS6420E is supplied with a AC-DC mains power adapter or PoE adapter.
- Monitor up to 12 dry contacts simultaneously
- Monitor up to 3 voltage sources with optical isolation
- Supports Sensorsoft Device Protocol (SSDP) or Simple Text Commands
- Provides 2 SPDT relays controllable by software
- Detects real-time pulses as short as 60 mS
- Responds to real-time state changes within 300 mS
- Option to filter out unwanted short pulses
- Terminals to distribute power to external peripheral devices
- Operates in polled or real-time mode
- Custom Boolean state strings and descriptions can be assigned to each input
- Serial RS232 model (SS6420J) does not require a power supply to operate *
- Ethernet model provides direct IP connectivity (no device server required)
- All power supplies protected by self-healing fuses
- Works with our full line of dry-contact security and safety detectors