Sensorsoft Device Server (SDS) is software that can make serial devices (COM ports) accessible on a TCP network. With SDS you can transform a Windows machine into a multi-port terminal/console/device server.
- SDS allows a Sensorsoft device connected to computer COM port to be accessed by any network client
- It works equally well with any serial device. For this reason it makes a fine general purpose device server
- Runs as a Windows service (it works even when you're not logged-in)
- Eliminates the need to purchase device server hardware, if a Windows machine has available COM ports
- Allows user to define COM port settings, TCP port numbers, log file names and session control parameters
- SDS Setup gives an option to install a driver for USB to serial adapters based on Prolific chip.
- OS: Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 or Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016
- Available Serial Port(s): RS232, RS422, RS423, RS485 or USB to serial adapters that map as COM port (1-255)
- CPU: Intel Pentium II 300 MHz processor or higher
- RAM: 1.5 MB (per instance of SDS)
- Hard disk space: 0.5 MB minimum for product installables. Recommend 10-100 MB free space for log files.
- CD-ROM drive if installing from CD media
- TCP/IP LAN or Internet connection is required
- TCP/IP Services must be installed
- 1 year installation/setup support included (maximum two incidents)
- Pay as you go - on a per support incident basis
- Optional support agreement with multiple support incidents