Remote Watchman Device Server is software that can make serial devices (RS232, USB) accessible on a TCP network. With Remote Watchman Device Server you can transform a Windows machine into a multi-port terminal/device server.
- Remote Watchman Device Server allows Remote Watchman Client and Remote Watchman Enterprise to gain access to a Sensorsoft Device over the network
- Runs as a Windows service (it works even when you're not logged-in)
- Eliminates the need to purchase a device server, if a Windows machine has available RS232 or USB ports
- Allows user to define COM port settings, TCP port numbers, log file names and session control parameters
- OS: Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 10 or Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016
- CPU: Intel Pentium II 300 MHz processor or higher
- RAM: 1.5 MB (per instance of RWMS)
- Hard disk space: 0.5 MB minimum for product installables. Recommend 10-100 MB free space for log files.
- CD-ROM drive
- One free COM port for each Sensorsoft Device used
- TCP/IP LAN or Internet connection is required
- TCP/IP Services must be installed
- 90 days installation/setup support included (maximum three incidents)
- Pay as you go - on a per support incident basis
- Optional yearly support agreement with multiple support incidents